Thursday, September 26, 2013

Hold On We're Going Home

Being an aspiring Music Video Director, and having produced, and directed a couple music video's myself, I follow, and keep a keen eye on new released music videos. I try to know them all, and what's hot, and what's not.

I absolutely loved this song by Drake the minute I heard it a month, and a half ago. I immediately downloaded it from the iTunes store, and have been waiting in anticipation to see what they would do with the Music Video, well dunn dun duh dunnnn, it's here.

I just finished watching it, and as much as I absolutely adore the newer cinematic approach to music videos, I was very disappointed with this one. It just falls flat for me, and doesn't really catch the essence of the song for me at all.

Drake, has had some cinematic video's in the past that have, like for instance, *Find Your Love*. That video to me is the very essence of what that song is. It feels real, but his latest video, and the latest Cash Money Production, just missed the mark with this one in my opinion.

The song, had all the fixings, to be another video like Justin Timberlakes VMA winner, "Mirrors", but they didn't even come close.

Still love the song though, and I am sure more people will like the video, than dislike it, and I don't dislike it, it's just not enticing to me. It just missed the mark.

Take a look, and let me know what you think.

Drake ~ Hold On We're Going Home from OctobersVeryOwn on Vimeo.




No comments:

Post a Comment