Thursday, December 12, 2013

What's really making you fat?




It blows my mind how much my weight fluctuates. A few weeks ago, I was up around 186lbs, and I weigh this morning, and I am down to 166lbs. That's twenty pounds I have lost, and I am not doing anything different, really. I didn't start some crazy diet, or exercise program, or even change my eating habits at all. I think it boils down mostly to the thing that I feel is the worse thing on the planet for our health, and that is stress. Three weeks ago, I was going through a lot of anxiety, and stress, which we all do at times in our chaotic lives.

I really do think our bodies respond when we are in a positive state of mind. When, we can overcome our fear, and emotion, and become at peace with oneself.

Of course a lot of people when in a positive state take a lot better care of themselves, but like I said I have not really changed a thing in my day, to day routine, and I was baffled when I stepped on the scale this morning, and it read 166lbs, because I was still expecting to be up around 182lbs, and this isn't the first time this has happened to me, it happens quite frequently throughout the year. If I let things really go to my head on a negative level, and become too focused on things out of my control, I will find in a couple weeks I have weight gain of ten, to twenty pounds. I am not a comfort eater though. Just because I am having some difficulty in life, or an obstacle I don't resort to eating for comfort, but still my weight goes up. It's very interesting to myself, why this may happen. I mean, I am not a Dr, Nutritionist, or anything, but I have really never read a thing that tells me stress alone can make you gain weight, but it sure seems to in my own personal case.

The other thing is with that twenty pound loss, or gain. I really don't change that much. I mean I feel a little thinner, but it's not some drastic change in my body, but I have seen other people lose, or gain that much, and it is VERY noticeable.

I think when I am working a lot, and feeling positive, productive, and happy, and, in control my body follows how my soul feels, and burns calories better, and is more efficient, when I let something negative influence my life, than the opposite. I think my body doesn't work as efficiently.

We have been preached to, for so long, about how our eating habits are the real culprit of what our bodies look like, and just in the last few years are we hearing about what a detriment stress can be to our daily lives, but, can it really be something that can control even how much we weigh?

Could it really be that simple, feel good, weigh less, feel bad, and weigh more?

I don't know the jury is still out for me, this is something I just figured out for myself, after really stopping, and thinking about it. It's been going on for years, but just recently have I started really taking note of it.

Anyway, what are your thoughts, and your conclusion? I would love to hear your thoughts, and opinions.

Of course, I also swear my truck runs better when it is clean, and has been recently washed!!



No comments:

Post a Comment